SENIOR DEVELOPMENT - CONSTRUCTION / SUPPLY CHAIN
|Job Title:||SENIOR DEVELOPMENT - CONSTRUCTION / SUPPLY CHAIN|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||Base + Super + Car Allowance - Attractive Pkg|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||June 24, 2020 15:06|
A specialist in the area of Construction Development Strategy, Policy and Procurement.
- Career Move - Senior Role - Opportunity for Growth
- Hands on Leader & Collaborator
- Execute strategy & policy designed to achieve company growth
- Manage capital works procurement, materials & supplier relationships
The focus of this opportunity is on Development, Supply Chain & Capital Procurement of construction materials, services & equipment to complete building fit out - including equipment, lighting, fixtures & furniture. All new-builds & refurbishment.
The position involves the management of tenders, Capital procurement, inventory & development approvals in order to drive process across Large Capital Works.
Management of relationships & collaboration with Development Teams, Architects & Key Stakeholders on design & the procurement for complete builds according to timetables, are all key to successful outcomes.
Ideally, we are looking for a degree qualified Engineer with strong category procurement experience in Plant / Large Format Retail or QSR; where large capital items are required, & relationship building SLA's are in place.
The role will be responsible for the execution of strategies, policies, objectives, & plans designed to achieve the companies approved growth, revenue & profit targets.
As the Development Supply Chain Manager, you will provide leadership & direction, together with fostering a positive team culture. You will encourage ideas and maintain and govern risk and quality management of contracts and procurement.
THE FUNDAMENTALS INCLUDE
- Leadership in development & procurement strategies and running tenders end to end
- Establish industry best practice for schedule of services, rates and contracts.
- Liaise with Design & Construction team, legal & senior leadership to support negotiation & set up of contracts for service providers.
- Negotiation with vendors on costs, contract negotiations, supplier terms
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Responsible for designated capital works procurement including construction materials & equipment
- Lead Engineering development & manage distribution of equipment
- Develop & continue strong supplier relationships
- Supplier Sourcing & evaluation
- Manage costs, budgets & present data to management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERTISE
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a similar role / construction for retail industry - large scale capital works
- Relevant tertiary qualifications; preferably in an Engineering discipline, Construction SCM, or related degree
- Experience in fast moving large format Multi-Retail Outlet Industry (international experience highly regarded)
- Proven management of equipment and leading engineering development & procurement through national distribution centre, minimum annual T/O of $15MM
- Strong technical experience associated with equipment & construction materials
- Tech Savvy - ability to create, publish a presentation & present (both written and verbal)
- High work ethic and standards
If you have strong interpersonal skills, you are a collaborator, you lead & manage effectively & engage with all stakeholders professionally, you have a sound understanding in category strategy development & you are strongly networked within the Development industry - Then don't miss this outstanding opportunity.
Please note: This role is only open to AUSTRALIAN PERMANENT RESIDENTS
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY NOW - Attach a Word doc Cover Letter, Resume and all relevant details, your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher
Please note, only successful candidates with relevant experience will be notified. All candidate applications received by TSHR are treated with strict confidence.
For further opportunities please see our website: www.tshr.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's