Senior eCommerce Manager
|Job Title:||Senior eCommerce Manager|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Nicole Houldey|
|Job Published:||March 06, 2020 15:06|
Senior eCommerce Manager
Our Client is a hugely successful retail apparel business with a huge network of stores both locally and internationally. This role is an e-commerce and marketing-based role, with the primary responsibility to drive traffic, and optimise conversion in International Markets.
The responsibility of this role is to ensure the effective coordination of all facets of the online store to ensure the growth of online sales whilst providing customers with an exemplary online shopping experience.
Responsible for ensuring the platform is configured to the current/future needs of the business & the end-users. You will assist in developing annual eCommerce strategies in conjunction with the overall business strategy. Working closely with the wider business to ensure a smooth end to end operation of the online channel, driving sales, growth and best practice across the business for eCommerce.
The role will involve analyzing data, identifying customer trends and providing accurate reporting to assist in improved business outcomes and website optimization. Developing and implementing development strategies to grow online sales, customer traffic, and final conversion rates.
This role is required to outline a formal strategy for online growth into international markets as well as the acquisition and retention strategy.
The Senior eCommerce Manager is responsible for:
- Manage online marketing calendar including all digital activity from product updates, site promotions through to acquisition and retention activity
- Build & manage the ecommerce strategy with a focus on sales, customer acquisition, email marketing & CRO with KPI's against sales budget and margin targets
- Execute, coordinate reporting and make recommendations for online acquisition and retention, including strategies around SEO, SEM, retargeting, display, third party
- Full trade responsibility for the multiple eCommerce business, driving FY forecasted revenue above budget.
- Continuously optimise the site and on-site products through regular content publishing and optimisation to drive best possible sell through
- Ensuring the quality and consistency of the content is accurate and consistent with the brand
- Developing, leading and executing the eCommerce Strategy that facilitates the growth of an online a business that maximise online sales, ROI, customer satisfaction whilst controlling expense, costs and margin
- Ensure site content is relevant, displayed effectively, and optimized for conversion and search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Site testing and technical analysis of e-commerce platforms
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly reports on data and insights
- Ensure all site content is up to date and accurate for the product, pricing and promotions as well as brand standards
- Deliver and report on customer service KPIs and fulfilment, produce weekly sales and performance reports, [and] event reports when necessary. Provide analysis and anecdotal opinion
- Oversee and review website changes including aesthetic, functionality & overall UX
- Develop the digital marketing plan for the website, aligned with the marketing calendar and promotional events, whilst constantly reviewing and reporting on digital metrics and implementing changes to increase performance.
- Ensure the brand is a market leader from an e-commerce perspective, maintaining a best practice and eCommerce platforms that deliver a key brand message
This position requires an applicant with skills in
- Analytical thinking: Ability to analyse, investigate and interpret financial data and information.
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in an eCommerce leadership role
- Quick to build industry-specific insights, particularly when it comes to Social Media and Digital innovation
- Desire and drive to develop a career in E-Commerce.
- Demonstrated experience in developing online strategy and development road maps.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of Shopify Plus and eCommerce plugins
- Relevant cross-functional experience (marketing, digital agency, advertising, project management)
- Be forward-thinking, working on present-day strategy as well as preparing for the rapidly evolving future of eCommerce.
- Retail experience is preferred
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's