Senior Fit Technicians - Product Developers
|Job Title:||Senior Fit Technicians - Product Developers|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||January 02, 2019 11:00|
- INNOVATION / FASHION
I'm working with several businesses who are currently expanding their footprint globally - retailers & wholesalers looking to build their technical teams early in 2019. My clients take pride in their people, whilst creating strong supportive teams to keep their businesses top in their markets.
ABOUT THE ROLES
As Technical Developers & Fit experts, you will be the leading force in providing technical information and garment fit sign off on Fashion & Technical Innovation across intimates and bras. Ensuring balance between wear-ability, innovation and fashion.
To deliver in these positions, you will have a proven ability in interpreting market trends as well as a strong connection to factories to achieve desired fits (keeping up with the latest in innovation, & make techniques to ensure high quality is maintained).
You will also be highly experienced in Lingerie/Bra Construction, including opening new moulds, pad creation and wire development for bras.
- Accountable for the fitting of all samples in the division and providing comments to suppliers in agreed time-frames, in line with the critical path
- Provide all comments relating to fit, construction, and quality of each garment ensuring the garment is fit for purpose
- Responsible for organising wear tests where required to ensure the durability and fit of each garment
- Maintain standards outlined in the supplier manual to cover quality control, procedures and construction guidelines
- Work closely with buying team on Critical path & delivery
- Develop / assist in pad / block creation and maintain pattern / block libraries
- Mentor and develop Junior Techs - share technical knowledge across the business as required
- Assist in managing supplier relationships as required
- Resolve any QC issues, Minimise faults with factories as required
- Work on test garments and fast track products as required - within an agreed critical time-frames
- Accountable for maintaining fit logs, records and measurement charts
- Assist in the development of product as required
- Clear communication with all suppliers on a day to day basis on all fits in the division
To be considered for this role you will need to come from a similar role within the Lingerie / Intimates environment - with a strong technical history in the development of Bras.
- Pattern-making, specifications, grading
- Mould, Wire & Pad development
- Fitting skills
- Illustrator (ideal but not essential)
Strong Knowledge of lingerie / Bra construction including fabrics and trims to ensure the bras are fit for purpose and technically correct.
This is an exciting opportunity for Internediate to Advanced technicians who are ready to take on great technical & fit opportunities with some great Australian businesses.
- Internal development & promotion
- Great discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Please note, only those applicants (Permanent Residents or candidates with applicable Visas) with the relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
Please provide all Visa details with your application.
Click APPLY NOW and attach a Word doc. resume, your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion call Colette on: 02) 82235320
For further opportunities please see our website www.tshr.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's