Senior Merchandise Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Merchandise Manager|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Garry Connell|
|Job Published:||July 10, 2019 15:34|
- Australia wide chain of 116 stores and 50 years - combines franchise & company owned stores - embarking on transformational change!
- Prefer consumer electronics, auto, furniture, white/bulky goods, even trade background
- Supplier negotiations, range planning for stores, marketing, category management development, direct sourcing opportunities, catalogue management
- Circa $250k TEC + bonus
Are you an experienced and passionate Head of Merchandise? Our client is rapidly growing and is seeking someone who is hands-on and can drive a small team and lead the brand strategically to be more effective in its buying and marketing. You will enjoy working in an environment that is based on collaboration, creativity and values.
Reporting to the CEO and an integral member of the executive team you will assume responsibility for all marketing, supplier negotiations, range planning for stores, category management development and disciplines, direct source opportunities as well as oversee the current catalogue program and develop it further. Key deliverables for this role will to be to improve terms, margins and reduce the CODB across the network.
To be considered for this role, you will you will be able to a demonstrate a record of achievement in a Merchandise management role preferably in an environment of transformation or major change, - ideally within auto, electrical, toys, pet, general merchandise or hard goods. Your background will also include:
- Exposure to all aspects of the merchandise function, including buying, sourcing, product development, catalogue execution, vendor management and merchandise planning.
- Results driven, you are an effective influencer and communicator, able to demonstrate strong leadership and initiative, along with strong supplier relationship and negotiation skills.
Please apply through SEEK and attach a Word resume quoting job reference #8941 and your application will be directed to Garry Connell. Please note, only successful applicants will be notified.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's