|Job Title:||Merchandise Planner|
|Location:||Inner Suburbs Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||6 months contract|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||October 02, 2019 18:35|
Established and thriving Fashion Supplier is keen to onboard a Senior Merchandise Planner / Planning Manager to cover a 6-month maternity contract.
In this role you will take on full planning ownership of selected brands & work closely with the internal Brand Managers & external Buyers, liaising daily with the planning team to maintain budgets and margins and ensure products are planned to achieve maximum gross profit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain & Develop the sales budgets forecast for 'brands' by category in conjunction with the Director and Brand Managers
- Create Range Plans to ensure forecasts are achieved with closing stock and capacity parameters
- OTB and Margin management (with Brand Manager)
- Maintain and grow the Gross Margin of the business through efficient planning and management of markdowns cycle
- Ensure product registrations and uploads with retail partners are maintained within critical path requirements.
- Oversee Allocation process (replenishment stock) and ensure "In-stock" in both warehouse and stores of "best sellers". Ensure stores performance is optimized and within capacity parameters
- Work to optimize profitability for both the brand, and the retail partners through ongoing critical review of the entire assortment performance. Monitor weekly performance metrics and current trends to identify risks and opportunities
- Manage post season review of assortment performance to optimize collections going forward.
- Develop & maintain business structures and effective planning for improved efficiency in running of daily business with a forward strategic view
- Improve resulting EBIT of the overall business through implementation of efficient planning structures.
- Present new ranges (with Brand Managers) to both department store buyers and key accounts in conjunction with PSA analysis
- Review opportunities for new product category extensions within the brands
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Proficient in allocation and merchandise systems
- Proficiency in Business Intelligence & Reporting tools
- Relevant degree in a numeric or business management discipline
- Minimum 3+ years merchandise planning and Allocations within a fashion specialty retail environment
- Strong analytical and financial understanding; natural problem solver
- Numeric accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Works well and is adaptable in fast paced environment
The successful candidate will be able to clearly communicate their commercial retail acumen, analytical and tactical aptitude and will have a minimum of 3 years within retail - women's fashion planning across a variety of categories. Your expertise and proven success in PLANNING & MANAGEMENT is crucial to the continued success of this brand
Please note, only successful candidates will be notified. All candidate applications received by TSHR are treated with strict confidence.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note, only those applicants (Permanent Residents or candidates with applicable Visas) with the relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
Please provide a cover letter & all Visa details with your application.
Click APPLY NOW and attach a Word doc. resume, your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher Alternatively, for a confidential discussion call Colette on 02) 82235320
For further opportunities please see our website www.tshr.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's