Senior Pattern Cutter
|Job Title:||Senior Pattern Cutter|
|Location:||Beaconsfield, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Nicole Goumal|
|Job Published:||August 23, 2021 16:33|
SENIOR PATTERNMAKER - WOMENS APPAREL
Experienced 'CREATIVE' pattern-maker - For a women's RTW - Designer Brand
- CAD Patternmaker - Gerber
- Global Designer Brand
- Vertical Business Structure
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Australian Global business offering designs that are full of expression and the epitome of style. The styling is striking with quirky twists on elegant statement shapes that resonate throughout the collections.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working closely with the Head of Design on shape and style details - you'll be a focused, detailed and creative patternmaker, familiar with all aspects of creating first patterns, construction details, and fittings. (using GERBER & manual techniques). The role will see you liaising with a small team, including in-house machinists to coordinate the pattern development & fit process through to production handover.
- Liaise with the Head of Design on style details including fabric, trims, prints, and placements
- First pattern, spec, and construction (make details)
- Attend fit meetings - alter & correct pattern adjustments
- Liaise with machinists, assistants, QA, and production to maintain a clear understanding of make requirements during sampling and production process
- Ensure patterns are clearly marked/coded with correct style & fabric information
- Prior to sign off - Ensure pattern and fit adjustments are up to date and followed through
- Prepare any final manual patterns for digitising and grading
- Maintain up to date pattern library
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Gerber Experience
- Min 5 years' experience in a technical pattern development position
- Strong communication & problem-solving skills
- Sound knowledge of garment construction, pattern-making and grading
- Strong fitting skills
- Sound understanding of the commercial production process
- A strong knowledge of fabrics, embellishments and finishes (wovens & stretch fabrics)
- Strong understanding of critical path management
- Strong understanding of the fit and sealing process
- Strong understanding of quality standards
CULTURE & BENEFITS
In recognition of your superior skills you will be rewarded with a great salary, modern office and open friendly staff and management.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced CAD patternmaker with great personal skills to join an exciting creative environment.
Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
To apply click APPLY NOW and attach a Word resume and your application will be directed to Nicole Goumal firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's