Senior Product Developer
|Job Title:||Senior Product Developer|
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Nicole Goumal|
|Job Published:||September 14, 2021 12:18|
Senior Product Developer role
Our client is a global RTW Womenswear brand, with a signature style of designing structured tailoring combined with unique luxurious fabrications and a cult following of women who want to stand out.
The brand is looking for a unique Senior Product Developer with an in-depth understanding of brand and a keen eye for trends and a comprehensive understanding of the industry.
As the Senior Product Developer, you will have management of the product development process ensuring the styles meet the design briefs. The Product development process management includes adherence to the critical path, supplier management, cost management and negotiation, support to design through appropriate sourcing, development of full garment specifications and facilitating all communication with suppliers.
The role also has responsibility for the fit process, specification development and updates, first costs; sign off on formal samples and specifications for handover to production team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Source and develop fabrication, trims and garments based on design brief including liaison with factories and cost negotiation
- Ensures quality and timely delivery of selling samples into the showroom and final bulk production in store.
- Ensures pricing is commercial and in line with agreed parameters.
- Monitors trends and competitors locally and internationally.
- Prepares Design-Pattern room handover pack including design sheet, style sheet and BOM
- Lead the raw material sourcing ensuring fabrics, yarns, trims and accessories are sourced from key suppliers in line with agreed timeline for each style as initiated by the designer.
- Develops technical packs with detailed drawings for suppliers to allow for initial sample making.
- Places orders for all fabric, trims and samples ensuring suppliers have all raw materials as required for sample making.
- Working knowledge of current local and international ranges, build a history or bestselling styles for development reference.
- Translating existing fashion forward ranges into commercial product
- Generate product that is new and on trend with design team as required by the brief
- Trend forecasting and market research
- Obtains and negotiates costings for all sourced materials for critical path requirements in line with agreed quality outcomes at development stage (to avoid redevelopment or de-engineering late in the development process).
- Works collaboratively and effectively with Production team members, Pattern makers, and Designers to achieve critical path outcomes.
- Sources new suppliers as required in line with agreed criteria.
This position requires an applicant with skills in:
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5-10-year experience, with a diploma in a relevant field, an optimistic and hard-working attitude, and a passion for the fashion industry.
- Must have an understanding of the US and International Markets
- 3 years' experience in Apparel Product Development role with a strong knowledge of premium fashion design principles.
- Detailed understanding of garment specification, fit process and product development processes.
- Detailed understanding of fabrics, trims, treatments and their appropriate use and fabric testing processes.
- Experience and knowledge in cost negotiation, supplier relationships, fashion and manufacturing processes.
- Experience with illustrator and drawing skills.
Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
To apply click APPLY NOW and attach a Word resume and your application will be directed to Nicole Goumal firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's