Senior Production Merchandiser
|Job Title:||Senior Production Merchandiser|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||December 05, 2018 10:40|
Working with Sydney's top Apparel Supplier, you will be liaising closely with various major clients on quality recognised Australian & Licensed Apparel Brands.
As an integral member of the Production / Merchandising team for 'Private Label & Licensed Apparel', you will support the Product Development Team across all aspects of the Product Life-cycle.
The position is responsible for placing the orders, negotiating prices, chasing product details at all stages with factories, approving fabrics, trims, lab-dips, strike offs and finished garments -(together with the sales team) and ensuring all shipments are proceeding in timely manner.
- Liaise with Major Retailers and clients
- Raise sales / purchase orders
- Upload & Manage EDI orders to majors
- Prepare reports
- Work closely with product developers & hand over tech packs to suppliers
- Costing and negotiation directly with China suppliers
- Maintain & update style records
- Establish critical path for licensed & generic orders
- Monitor production time frames to ensure on time delivery
- Manage Critical Path and product life cycle - lab dip approvals, strike off submissions, sample approvals
- Monitor and overlook production - delivery dates, shipping, supplier issues
- Maintain sample submission records for licensed apparel and customer approval
- Ensure all comments are completed according to key dates in schedule.
- Coordinate all client packaging requirements
- 2-3 years in a similar role - experience preferred
- Experience within Men's, children's or womenswear is highly regarded
- Experience working with Major clients eg: - Big W, Myer, David Jones, General Pants etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office - particularly Excel
- Experience using AX900 system is advantageous or similar ERP system
- Organisation skills are essential
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Mandarin Speaking
We are looking for a hard-working and pro-active individual; who has worked in a similar role. A quick and eager learner who is methodical in their approach, uses common sense to make decisions and is looking to be part of a strong team!
Please note only those applicants who fit the brief will be contacted in relation to their application. Open to Australian & NZ Residents only.
Holiday Visa Holders with relevant industry experience may apply for short term contract positions
To apply 'click' APPLY NOW and attach a Word doc resume - your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher.
For further opportunities please see our website: https://www.tshr.com.au/
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's