Senior Womenswear Designer
|Job Title:||Senior Womenswear Designer|
|Location:||Beaconsfield, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Nicole Goumal|
|Job Published:||September 09, 2021 16:54|
Senior Womenswear Designer
Our client is a global RTW Womenswear brand, with a signature style of designing structured tailoring combined with unique luxurious fabrications and a cult following of women who want to stand out.
The brand is looking for a unique Senior RTW Designer with an in-depth understanding of brand and a keen eye for trends and a comprehensive understanding of the industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design cohesively; ensuring each collection has a clear vision and identity that is consistently adhered to through all styles in the collection.
- In coordination with the Design team in Australia and the Head of Design you will be responsible for planning, organising, and concept creation to deliver cohesive new collections in line with the brand's aesthetic.
- Design and instruct CAD drawings with detailed aesthetics to support range collection.
- Trend/colour/fabrication research appropriate for brand aesthetic.
- Source fabrics and implement fabric sourcing process and development, collate library.
- Working in collaboration with design, production team to ensure the new product design is interpreted and manufactured to the correct standard with adherence to Critical path or go to market.
- Assist with styling and merchandising the collection.
- Key seasonal reporting for design and wrap reports to the wider team.
- Make strategic design decisions to ensure you are designing a balance of shapes suited to both our commercial and forward customers.
This position requires an applicant with skills in:
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5-10-year experience, with a diploma in a relevant field, an optimistic and hard-working attitude, and a passion for the fashion industry.
- Must have an understanding of the US and International Markets
- Work in a positive, encouraging, and collaborative environment
- Long-term position and growth opportunities for the right person
Skills and experience:
- Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent Design Diploma
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of design and range plan practices.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Passionate about the fashion industry, trends, and forecasting
- A global outlook
- Strong Computer Skills, including Word, Excel, In-design, Adobe, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Strong design, CAD, and technical skills
- Strong presentation, design, written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Solution-driven and creative thinking.
Please note, only those applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
To apply click APPLY NOW and attach a Word resume and your application will be directed to Nicole Goumal firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's