SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
|Job Title:||SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||September 27, 2019 13:06|
- Well Recognised & Established Branded Retailer
- Australian Owned & Operated
- End to End Supply Chain Management
- Head Office - Sydney North Shore
A new and exciting opportunity is now available for an outstanding Supply Chain / Demand Planning professional who is ready to take on their next challenge & join an established National Retailer to manage End to End Supply Chain Operations.
Our client has decades of experience across their 'speciality' market. They have a very strong visual brand image with high quality standards as well as outstanding customer service.
This role will see you utilise your: planning skills to deliver an optimal inventory strategy, efficient process skills across logistical operations & true leadership skills managing DC operations nationally.
Reporting into the CFO, you will have an outstanding mentor to guide you along the way.
This is a strategic role that requires a young gun; who is ready to take on a management role. (Minimum 3-5 years' experience coordinating supply chain activities supporting a multi-site retail Supply Chain Manager)
To thrive in this role, you'll need a great attitude, strong communication skills and lots of energy to take on the challenge, drive processes and efficiency and develop and encourage teams.
You'll already have a strong understanding of a retail supply chain & working directly with vendors in China, managing imports, inventory quantities & aged stock. You'll have developed experience negotiating with vendors on cost and have a well-rounded knowledge of; import requirements, freight agreements & costs & coordinating the movement of stock to stores / DC's nationally.
Supply Chain Management
- Develop and implement an effective and efficient warehouse / distribution & logistics solution
- Manage profitability of DC's - operational costs / expenditure
- Hire staff & ensure training is conducted effectively to achieve productivity targets
- Ensure compliance with relevant WHS policies and SOP's
- Develop and implement demand planning to ensure optimal inventory strategy
- Regular review of forecasts
- Key line quantity management
- Liaise with suppliers on availability / Po's and expected delivery dates
- Monitor Inventory - cycle counts, accuracy & stock adjustments
- Managed aged stock and exit strategies
Freight & Transport
- Establish & review (with CFO) annually - Freight / Transport agreements / costs (Imports) and (National transport)
- Negotiate prices with vendors and freight providers
- Collate and monitor shipping / import documentation
- Monitor supplier performance (regular reviews)
Previous experience as a Supply Chain Coordinator / Demand Planner, liaising with suppliers at an international level + domestic freight experience
- Excel (advanced)
- Demand Planning experience
- Experience with ERP Systems
- A disciplined approach with strong attention to detail.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills - proactive approach.
- Develop strong & respectful relationships - all teams
- Work cohesively with leadership team and actively engage in management meetings providing analysis on supply chain operations & process improvements
Instrumental to this position will be your strong leadership capabilities & team building skills plus your ability to manage the end-to-end process to ensure an efficient and effective high performing supply chain. Is this You?
HOW TO APPLY
Please note, only those applicants (Permanent Residents) with the relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
Please provide a cover letter outlining your experience and why you'd be perfect for this role with your application.
Click APPLY NOW and attach a Word doc. resume & cover letter
Your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion call Colette on 02) 82235320
For further opportunities please see our website www.tshr.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's