|Job Title:||Visual Designer|
|Location:||Double Bay, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Walker|
|Job Published:||July 28, 2021 16:17|
About The Beauty Chef
The Beauty Chef is a leading health and beauty brand in Australia with a growing presence internationally. The brand is currently stocked in over 200 accounts across Australia and internationally, namely- Sephora, David Jones and Adore Beauty. The Beauty Chef specialises in health and beauty products, that focusses on beauty from within.
The Beauty Chef lives and breathes wellness and is looking for an edgy, fashion-focused Visual Designer that is aligned to the Brand Values.
We can consider both full time or part time (4 days per week) options for the right candidate.
The role is based out of head office in Double Bay, close to public transport.
About the role
The role of the Visual Designer is to provide conceptual and finished art that meets The Beauty Chef's brand standards and marketing communication needs. The role will assist the Marketing, Content and Digital Team in the day-to-day creative communication of The Beauty Chef.
Duties & responsibilities
- Maintains a strong and consistent brand image that delivers on commercial objectives.
- Develops visual creative assets as directed.
- development of an on-brand strategy compelling creative work, both offline and online.
- Produces graphic design and materials in line with brief and according to The Beauty Chef Brand Guidelines.
- Provides innovative, strategic and high-quality graphic design services that are in line with The Beauty Chef's DNA.
- Creates finished artwork for print (including but not limited to) newsprint/ press, magazine, packaging, brochures, Press Ads, Print Ads etc.
- Crafts finished artwork to specification for online (including but not limited to, website graphics, EDMs, display ads, rich media, social media etc).
- Designs finished artwork for POS collateral and materials
- Manipulates, converts or adjusts images to achieve the desired effect, such as low/ high-end retouching including colour balance, colour conversion, composite working, and image extension.
- Formal qualification in Graphic design.
- 5 + years' Graphic Design experience either in-house or agency.
- Understands health, wellness and beauty and is able to interpret trends and leverage these from a marketing perspective.
- Edgy, fashion-focused approach.
- Intermediate to Advanced level in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Strong conceptual Designer with the ability to communicate clearly, while also maintaining depth in their work.
- Strong and flexible skills in print and a strong understanding web and digital design.
- Knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology particularly as applied to web-based applications.
- Familiar with other software applications - e.g. Asana, Klaviyo, Dropbox.
The business is very supportive with numerous growth opportunities as the business continues to grow in Australia and internationally. The workplace is very team focussed, with all team members supporting each other to achieve the business objectives.
- The culture is team focussed and supportive.
- Very people focussed culture, dedicated to their employees and customers.
- Once a quarter the team do various team building activities such as, meditation classes and organic makeup classes.
- Generous product allowance.
We are PASSIONATE- Using our knowledge and insights to drive results
We are SUPPORTIVE- Encouraging personal and professional growth to set each other up for success
We are AUTHENTIC- Our care and consideration for our Brand as well as our team is genuine
The Beauty Chef is proud of their commitment to diversity and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants for jobs will be considered on their abilities and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, colour, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, family or carer's responsibilities, pregnancy, religion, political opinion, national extraction, social origin or any other irrelevant distinction.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to submit your application and please make sure to include a link to your portfolio.