Warehouse & Distribution Manager
|Job Title:||Warehouse & Distribution Manager|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||July 18, 2019 15:16|
WAREHOUSE & DISTRIBUTION MANAGER
Established & Expanding FMCG Business
We are looking for a well-organised, customer focussed and 'hands-on' - Warehouse Manager with Logistics Experience - A leader with a great attitude and a team mentor with experience in multi brand, high volume, single pick warehousing - who can forward plan the output of an extremely busy warehouse.
Specific responsibilities include implementing and managing WMS, managing freight and labour spend, staff schedules, warehouse layout and managing the logistical activities.
The role of Warehouse Manager coordinates all operations and comes with a high degree of responsibility and accountability - managing the delivery & route optimisation, asset management and maintaining a strong focus on safety and compliance.
The position will see you show true leadership with staff & process, A quick thinker who identifies areas for improvement and puts "Quick Response" plans in place for action.
Key to this role is your strong organisation and leadership skills, managing logistics partners and building and developing key relationships with both internal and external stakeholders while continuing to manage and lead the warehouse activities.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- A strong background in a 'hands-on' multi brand, high volume, single pick warehouse
- A high level of Organisation and Adaptability. 5 years Minimum - Warehouse planning and leading and managing staff and activities across operational process and improvements.
- A full understanding of stock control, local / exports - compliance - shipping - transportation, distribution & documentation
- A high understanding and implementation of Warehouse safety standards, OH&S
- Logistics/Supply Chain qualifications or working experience in the warehousing industry with good knowledge of General Supply Chain & Distribution requirements of Retailers/Importers
- Managing conventional warehouse operations & relevant WMS.
- Ability to work closely with local and international teams to coordinate processes and effectively meet business objectives and delivery windows.
- Strong, admirable communication skills to manage, lead and motivate direct reports and an ability to cooperate, adapt, support and communicate effectively with peers and senior management executives
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) with a high level of operational organisation and planning capabilities
- Manage all stock movements, including local and international logistics & distribution
- Communicate with teams on activity - receipt, storage, packing, timing, shipping, costs, delivery & invoicing.
- Maintain stock inventory records, stocktake and cycle counts
- Maintain equipment and identify needs to maintain smooth running and flow of warehouse operations
- Preparation of Warehouse budgets, managing efficiency / productivity and ultimately cost savings
- Build relationships with suppliers, manage negotiations and improve process timelines and delivery
- Transportation & Distribution Management - costs / mode of transport, service-level agreements
- Import & Export - knowledge of international shipping, compliance and documentation.
To succeed in this role, you will be solution driven & have managed the logistics & warehousing of an FMCG import / export warehouse, understand business process, WMS and functions to improve flow and distribution.
Experience using PRONTO an advantage
You will also have strong administration skills, be "hands on" (ready to step in and assist teams when busy) with a flexible attitude to manage, lead, co-ordinate and contribute to improve on business process.
If you feel you meet the criteria, please APPLY today. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and well-established business.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
To apply click APPLY NOW and attach a Word doc. Resume. Your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher.
For further opportunities please see our website https://www.tshr.com.au/
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's