Warehouse Operations & Logistics Manager
|Job Title:||Warehouse Operations & Logistics Manager|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||super + attractive salary pkg|
|Contact Name:||Colette Wilsher|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2019 10:21|
Established & Expanding FMCG Business
We are looking for a strategic business minded and 'hands-on' - Warehouse Operations Manager with Global Logistics Experience - A leader with a great attitude and a team mentor who can forward plan the output of an extremely busy warehouse.
Specific responsibilities include managing WMS, operation costs, including freight. staff schedules, warehouse layout and overseeing the logistic activities.
The role of Warehouse Operations Manager comes with a high degree of responsibility and accountability - managing the delivery & route optimisation, asset management and compliance whilst maintaining a strong focus on safety.
The position will see you show true leadership with staff & process, identifying areas for improvement and putting plans in place for action.
Key to this role is your strong financial / budgeting skills managing the Freight - Logistics partners and building and developing key relationships with Suppliers, while continuing to manage the warehouse activities.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- A strong background in a 'hands-on' Warehouse - effective Systems Management with a working knowledge of Supply Chain / Logistics - Globally.
- A high level of Organisation. 5 years Minimum - Warehouse planning and leading and managing staff and activities across process improvements.
- A full understanding of stock control, local & 3PL, import / exports - compliance - shipping - transportation, distribution & documentation
- A high understanding and implementation of safety standards, OH&S
- Ability to work closely with local and international teams to coordinate processes and effectively meet business objectives and delivery windows.
- Strong communication skills to manage and motivate direct reports and work closely with peers and senior management
- Logistics/Supply Chain qualifications or working experience in the warehousing industry with good knowledge of General Supply Chain & Distribution requirements of Retailers/Importers
- Experience with 3PL and managing conventional warehouse operations & relevant WMS.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) with an operational strategic outlook
- Management of all stock movements, including global logistics exports & distribution
- Communication with teams on activity - receipt, storage, packing, timing, shipping, costs, delivery & invoicing
- Maintain stock inventory records
- Maintain equipment and identify needs
- Preparation of budgets, managing and reducing costs.
- Build relationships with suppliers, manage negotiations and improve process time-lines and delivery
- Transportation & Distribution Management - costs / mode of transport, service-level agreements
- Import & Export - knowledge of international shipping, compliance and documentation.
To succeed in this role, you will be solution driven & have managed the Logistics & warehousing of an FMCG import / export warehouse, understand business process, WMS and functions to improve flow and distribution.
You will have strong administration skills, be "hands on" (ready to step in when busy) with the ability to manage, Lead, co-ordinate and contribute to improve business strategies.
If you feel you meet the criteria, please APPLY today. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and well-established business.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants with relevant industry experience will be contacted in relation to their application.
To apply click APPLY NOW and attach a Word doc. Resume. Your application will be directed to Colette Wilsher.
For further opportunities please see our website https://www.tshr.com.au/
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's